Monday, December 20, 2004

In Pursuit of Authentic Community

I had one of those conversations this afternoon. You know -- the kind that meanders off totally unexpectedly into a vulnerable and transparent place with someone you barely met, but trust. (Or maybe you don't know... I'm not sure I did a couple years ago, but I'm learning.) A colleague and I thought we were talking about ministry stuff when we found ourselves instead sharing about personal, intimate matters. On the surface, the issues were painful, difficult, and frankly, avoidable in polite society. But superficiality goes but so deep. We discovered in each other two men from different places, generations, and ethnicities, who nonetheless both yearn for an authentic Christianity, lived in community, where people love God totally and each other completely. Thanks, Jerrell. I'll be praying for you, as I'm sure you will for me.

1 Comments:

At 12/31/2004 02:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jeremy,

I am truly grateful for our time together. I felt God set us up! Please let's keep touch. I would love to come see you or meet somewhere.

In His Grip,
Jerrel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home